Saturday, September 1, 2012

Start of School '12

 We have had an exciting couple of weeks getting ready for school this year. Daddy took Micah shopping for a new backpack (spiderman, of course), new Superhero underwear and "light up" shoes (as Micah calls them).

 We couldn't start school without a new haircut...
 Micah wanted some special story time with daddy the night before school started.


 The day was finally here!!!! Micah had a GREAT first day! He loves his teachers (we do too) and has already made a best friend (Chase). This is his 2nd year at his school, so he felt like a pro :)

Micah's teacher created a class "train". Each child filled out a card with their name, Birthday, Pets & Family. She asked the parents to bring in a picture, so that it looked like each child was riding in a car on the train. Such a GREAT idea! And Micah LOVES trains, so it was perfect!


I saw a cute idea on Pinterest for "Teacher Survival Baskets", so Micah was able to bring his teachers a present on the first day of school! Micah is a ball of energy, so I wanted to make sure they knew how grateful I was for all of the time and energy they will poor into him!



Mommy started school too! I can't believe that this is my 11th year of teaching! I'm teaching science, leadership and a new class called Math Matters. I've had a great start so far and am looking forward to a great year!
This is my friend Billie and I at our district kick-off!