Friday, March 20, 2009

Praying for baby Bosten

I've been so convicted by my prayer life. I very casually say things like, "I'll pray for you" or "I'll pray about that" and very seldom do. I've had to stop right where I am and pray about things in order to keep my word. So, why pray? It's amazing that we have the privilege of communicating with the creator of the universe! Many people say there's no point in praying because God is going to do what he wants anyway. Is the only reason you speak to someone to change their mind? NO! You speak to them/spend time with them because you love them and desire to be a part of their life. Same with the Lord. He knows it all, but I want to be involved in the process. Praying allows you a more clear picture of how God works...His faithfulness, His grace, His perfect timing, His healing...and the list goes on and on.

I say all that to ask you in joining me in prayer for a precious little boy. His name is Bosten. He is 5 months old and has been sick for most of his life. He has a hiatal hernia and a blockage in one of his lower intestines. He is having many respiratory problems as well that they are unsure of the cause. One of the greatest fears right now is cystic fibrosis. Bosten has a lot of the symptoms for lung disease and the specialist definitely wants to test for it. As of right now, they cannot get him in for this test until April 16th (which is TOO long to wait!), so please pray that they will have an opening sooner than that. And of course, we are praying that this is not the outcome.

Please pray for little Bosten... He is in a lot of pain right now and will continue to be until they can determine exactly what they need to do for him. Please pray for Ryan and Sharon (his parents). They are barely sleeping at night, they are scared to death, and they have a 4 year old little girl Elle to take care of as well. Please pray for the doctors, for fast test results, and for openings for appts.